Prevent Costly Hot Tub Repairs
Owning a hot tub can provide a luxurious and relaxing experience, but it also comes with responsibilities to avoid costly hot tub repairs. In order to keep your hot tub in the best condition, it is important to follow all the instructions provided by the manufacturers: Hot Spring Spas and Freeflow Spas. This includes using the right chemicals to maintain proper pH levels and sanitizing agents. Learn more about the Hot Spring® Spas Water Care.
Remember, if your hot tub is still under warranty, please reach out to your Orlando local hot tub dealer or to your hot tub experts in Daytona, FL. We can schedule a service representative approved by the manufacturer to handle any repairs. It is important to avoid attempting to fix the spa yourself, as this may void your warranty and lead to more expensive repairs in the future.
A certified dealer is here to help and ensure your hot tub is in the best shape possible. Our team at Spas Etc in Florida can guide you if you are a hot tub owner, whether it’s best to have a professional handle the repair or if it’s something you can do yourself.
8 Tips For Maintaining a Hot Tub
Following the owner’s manual guidelines is the best way to ensure your hot tub is in proper working order. If you do not have the Owner’s Manual, you can find manuals for:
The most important thing to consider to prevent issues is to regularly maintain the filters and water care system of your hot tub. Follow these steps to maintain your hot tub:
- Regularly test and balance the water chemistry: The most crucial aspect of hot tub maintenance is maintaining proper water chemistry. Keep in mind if you have a salt water hot tub or a regular hot tub. Use a test kit to regularly check the pH levels, alkalinity, and sanitizer levels in the water. Adjust the chemical levels as needed to ensure clean and safe water.
- Clean the filter: The filter is responsible for removing debris and particles from the water. Over time, it can become clogged and inefficient. Remove the filter and rinse it with a hose or use a filter cleaning solution to remove any buildup. A clean filter will help maintain water quality and prevent strain on the system. If you have a salt water hot tub you will need Hot Spring® FreshWater® Salt System Cartridge.
- Monitor and clean the waterline: The waterline can accumulate oils, lotions, and other contaminants. Regularly wipe down the waterline using a sponge or a non-abrasive cleaning pad to prevent buildup. This will also help maintain the appearance of your hot tub.
- Drain and refill the water: Depending on usage and the size of your hot tub, it’s recommended to drain and refill the water every few months. This helps refresh the water and eliminate any accumulated chemicals or impurities. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for draining and refilling to ensure you do it properly.
- Protect the cover: The hot tub cover helps to retain heat and keeps debris out. Clean the cover regularly with mild soap and water, and apply a vinyl protectant to prevent cracking and fading. Additionally, make sure to secure the cover with locks or straps to prevent it from being blown away by wind or damaged by animals. However, covers over time will need replacement, click here for a Hot Spring Spa Cover or Covana Hot Tub Cover.
- Inspect and clean the jets: The jets of your hot tub should be inspected regularly for any signs of clogging or malfunction. Use a small brush or toothbrush to clean the jets and remove any mineral deposits or debris that may have accumulated over time.
- Check the water level: Proper water level is essential for the efficient operation of your hot tub. Make sure the water level is at the recommended level, usually indicated by a skimmer or filter. If the water level is low, pour additional water to the appropriate level using a garden hose.
- Schedule professional hot tub maintenance: While regular maintenance can be done by the owner, it’s also important to schedule professional servicing. A technician can inspect the hot tub thoroughly, check for any potential issues, and perform necessary repairs or replacements. Signing up for a monthly maintenance program can ensure the longevity of your hot tub and prevent major breakdowns.
To avoid expensive hot tub repairs, reach out to your local hot tub dealer.
By following these steps, you can maintain your hot tub and prevent costly repairs. A well-maintained hot tub will provide you with years of relaxation and enjoyment without any unexpected expenses. So, make sure to establish a routine and stick to it for the best hot tub experience, pleasant jetting water, and clean water.
If you’re in Orlando or Daytona, reach out to Spas Etc Customer Service to ensure hot tub experts provide you with qualified spa maintenance services. Contact your local hot tub dealer to learn more about their services and have your hot tub serviced regularly.